Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Prep Night!

Hi everyone! I hope you're having a great week so far! Generally, yesterday's post would have been regarding the meals I made over the weekend to prepare for this week. However, this past weekend I was sick and just trying to rest and relax. Although I did make some soup and yummy treats, I didn't really prep any meals for the week. Last night I decided not to cook and prepare the week's meals because, well, the last Presidential debate was on and I couldn't miss it! So, tonight is going to be planning and prepping day this week. Like anything in life, just because it didn't go the way you initially planned it to, still complete your task/goal. The sooner the better! So tonight it is!

Yesterday, being the multi-tasker I am, I was coming up with ideas for meals this week. Knowing that I'd be in the kitchen prepping tonight, I tried to think of a quick and easy dinner we could squeeze in before I took over the kitchen. As you may remember, I love gourment, healthier versions of the Classic Grilled cheese sandwich. One of my favorite ways to make grilled cheese healthier is by to adding veggies to the sandwich, which inspired me to create what I call, Amped Up Grilled Cheese. I don't think you can go wrong when it comes to adding veggies to your grilled cheese so use your imagination and tastebuds and try to create your own Amped Up Grilled Cheese for you and/or your kids! I generally use chopped up green peppers, mostly because I often have extra green peppers in the house. I also like to add a kick to the sandwich by using low-fat, sliced pepperjack cheese. Now, you can also take it to a whole 'nother level by adding some ground flaxseed to the inside of your Amped Up Grilled Cheese sandwich!

1.) Amped Up Grilled Cheese
Amped Up Grilled Cheese w/chopped green peppers!
Our quick and easy dinner, leftover: Apple Butternut Squash Soup and Amped Up Grilled Cheese.

Occasionally, I notice some food going south fast, so I try to use it ASAP! We never want to waste any food. On that note, my bananas weren't looking so hot, so I decided to fast track my Whole Wheat Banana Nut muffins to make tonight. I gotta tell you, I'm pretty excited about these muffins. I'm right in the middle of my semester and my time in the morning is limited, so making these grab-n-go healthy muffins is exactly what I need!

2.) Whole Wheat Banana Nut muffins

I don't have a ton of time tonight, so this is all I am prepping in advance. However, that doesn't mean I am not cooking throughout the week... Tonight, I took some boneless, skinless chicken breasts out of the freezer for Baked Chicken Parmesan tomorrow night. Also, it's looking like it's going to be Taco Thursday. So, expect a killer Fresh Guacamole recipe, and black beans and quinoa as a side!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment