Thursday, October 18, 2012

Beet, Arugula, and Goat Cheese Grilled Cheese Sandwich

Original recipe located here: Beet, Arugula, and Goat Cheese Grilled Cheese Sandwich

Indredients:

1-2 Roasted Beets
Olive Oil
Balsamic Vinegar
Arugula
Goat Cheese
Butter
Bread (I prefer whole wheat, and crusty breads)

**I do not add salt, even though the recipe calls for it. I believe the sandwich has enough flavor on its own. You'll notice not adding salt, is a trend for me. I prefer to add herbs if I believe more flavor is needed. I also opted not to add Sherry Cooking Wine, because I didn't have any at home.


1.) Begin using Roasted Beets or Roasting Beets. (If you are unfamiliar with how to Roast Beets, click the hyperlink and I've posted a recipe.)

2.) Add a little Olive Oil to a frying pan (about 1 tbsp.) and heat up your beets in the pan, frying them slightly to add a little crispness to them.

3.) While the beets are in the pan, toss the arugula with some Extra Virgin Olive Oil and Balsamic Vinegar (you need very little of this mixture, so make the bare minimum).

4.) Take beets off the heat. Butter the sides of your bread that will be touching the pan, and then add some goat cheese to the inside on both pieces of bread. Don't over do the goat cheese! Put just enough to cover each side of bread.

5.) Add the arugula to the bottom piece of bread, then top that with the beets. Add as many beets as you'd like. *I made half of a sandwich and used 1 medium size beet, which was 4 pan-fryed slices.

6.) Place sandwich back into the pan and cook as you would grilled cheese!

*I ate mine with a side of mixed greens. You could also add a serving of fruit to make it a well-balanced meal!



**ENJOY!**

No comments:

Post a Comment